Junior Business Analyst
About the role
Propylon currently has a position for a Junior Business Analyst. This position will work within our development team that is responsible for delivering a software solution built on Propylon’s core products for Propylon’s customers worldwide. The role is a client facing role and will involve working closely with Propylon’s clients.
Reporting to our VP of Operations the Business Analyst is tasked with creating and executing business application strategies in a dynamic organization known for offering fresh challenges on a daily basis. This role is to contribute to the specification, design, and implementation of document-centric workflows in a client/server environment including:
- Documenting client requirements
- Working with the client throughout the development lifecycle
- Working closely with the developers, and client subject matter experts to ensure client requirements are understood and to successfully deliver Propylon’s suite of products.
- Implementation of customer requirements through Propylon suite of tools
- Writing of Functional specifications
- Work with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Actively participate in presentationss
Your Profile – Essentials
- Ability to understand complex document-centric workflows and to conceptualize them in IT terms e.g. state-transitions, business rules, content validation.
- Ability to self-start and work in a pressured environment with deadlines
- Strong business analysis skills and understanding of business requirements is a must.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and proven decision making skills
- Client facing experience is a must
Your Profile – Desirables
- Experience with OpenOffice “Power user” of Office-style applications e.g ability to create macros, spreadsheet formulae etc.
- Experience with database reporting tools